Friday, April 19, 2013

Pregnant in My Heart

My heart is pregnant right now with love for a baby we have never even met.  The Lord has been working on both of our hearts toward adoption for quite some time now and just last night, I felt like my husband was really giving ME the nudge to get this thing rolling which is what I have been waiting for!! Praise the LORD!!!  SO, we are taking baby steps of faith right now.  I feel like my arms are empty with a deep longing to hold this child.  YES, it will likely be from the DRC.  We have met some amazing friends who have adopted from the DRC who we feel particularly knit together with in our hearts and are just seeking the Lord for the steps to take!



It is amazing to think that a child can be born in your heart and that deep seed of love that is planted by the Holy Spirit can grow and give birth one day to a child.  Truly this love is supernatural.  What will he or she look like?  How old will they be?  Will we adopt a sibling group?  How long is the wait?  How will we pay for it?  These are all questions that are left to be answered by the Lord in His perfect will and time.

But for now, our hearts are pregnant.  We are praying for this child or children who the Lord may have us adopt and rescue from being orphans.  We feel the incredible and massively STRONG current of the love of the LORD for these little children who the Lord has commanded us to care for from His word.  I am sure it is Him moving our hearts with His love for these little ones.  How will this play out?  I don't know.  Will there be road blocks?  I am sure.  But when we remember the road blocks that Jesus went through to rescue us, I am sure it will give us strength to keep pressing on with a love that endures all things, hopes all things, believes all things, never fails.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO



Orphan care and adoption are HIS heartbeat and I can FEEL HIS HEART beating inside of me.  Believe me, if I could tackle the whole world right now to bring this child home, I would do it.  But I can't.  I can only trust the One who has overcome the WORLD and I can be of GOOD CHEER as we wait upon the LORD with this deep aching in my heart and longing to be with my baby.  I can almost feel them in my arms.  And when I feel this way, it reminds me to PRAY for that one.  PRAY for safety.  PRAY for the Lord to bring them at the perfect time into our lives.  PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!  What if they say no and we won't be able to adopt?!!  Well, even if this never happens, what I feel in my heart right now is REAL and if we try and try and try again and nothing happens?  I just have to believe that this love is supernatural.  I have to believe that the Lord will honor any moves we make in the direction of orphan care and adoption.  I have to have HOPE and I have to believe.  Maybe the Lord wants us to feel this way to understand HIS incredible heart for orphan children?...  OR maybe, just maybe...  He IS doing this because He has a little one in need of a mother and father who He finds us suitable for.  If He sees fit, we will receive this child with surrendered hearts... With JOY, with incredible love to offer, to be a part of our family and to be hopefully also be a part of God's family forever.

4 comments: