Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Orphan Care and Adoption Retreat

I had the most amazing time at the Embracing Orphans (now Passion for Orphans) retreat in the beautiful Estes Park, Colorado.  Lisa Stucky from Mavuno Market, and all the incredible women who made this event possible did such a tremendous job.  It was like every detail was thought through so that we were able to come in and kick up our feet and enjoy EVERYTHING about our time together.  Most of us are mothers who almost don't know what to do when we don't have a million kiddos nibbling at our heels.  Some of us enjoyed just having a chance to catch up on some reading and hear our thoughts.  I think I can speak for many of the women at this event when I say that I came back refreshed, renewed, restored, and with a new Passion for our ministry in orphan care and our own adoption journey.  

I enjoyed the worship times together so much and had the opportunity to meet my office manager in person who I had never met before this trip!!  Her name is Sarah and she is my right hand agent and I love her to pieces!!  We were able to meet several families that we are helping with their travel who we had never before had the blessing to meet.  It was SO incredible and such a JOY!!!  I would post photos, but instead I have a video with my photos here so that you can take the opportunity to experience this with me...





I encourage mothers to take this opportunity to come out for these Passion for Orphans retreats.  You will be blessed beyond measure and experience the JOY it is to come together with other mothers who have REAL stories to share.  Let me tell you, we don't hold much back when we start sharing.  We may not all see eye to eye on every issue as it relates to orphan care and adoption, and we don't have to.  We all have a different story, a different journey, but the same love and passion for orphan children and adoption that brings us together.  The speakers shed light on the not-so-glamorous side of their journeys and allowed us an inside perspective that has changed many of our hearts and caused us to see beyond what we could see before.  I praise GOD for what I came away with from this retreat and I encourage every mother who has a passion for orphan care and/or adoption to come out to the next one and don't miss it!  Don't get too busy to come.  You will come away renewed, restored and refreshed.

God bless!
Tabitha :)
www.AdoptionAirfare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment